Christmas time

 

Merry Christmas

Christmas time has come again
The time that we remember when
Christ came to earth a tiny babe
He gave Himself on that glad day
A gift to every man on earth
This was the gift giv’n at His birth.
To think He humbled Himself and came
A world of sinners was all He’d gain
And yet He left His glorious throne
To claim those sinners for His own.

He came to parents first of all
Was born in some old, dirty stall
What animals beheld him there?
Maybe some mice that didn’t care?
We know He came despite lowliness
He’s a great example of humbleness.
In full submission down He came
Someday to carry all our blame
This tiny, innocent, holy babe
Who we remember Christmas Day.


The shepherds in the fields were told
By angels singing out so bold
About the tiny little babe
Who had been born that very day
“Fear not, For the Savior’s come
Peace to earth, and goodwill from
Heav’n to all,” the angels sang
“Glory, glory,” loud it rang
And so the shepherds with delight
Hurried out into the night.


Later Wisemen from afar
Found the babe beneath the star
They brought Him precious gifts we’re told
Of myrrh, and frankincense, and gold.
They traveled far, for many days
To bring this Savior gifts and praise.
This tiny king they worshipped there
Would someday all our burdens bear
When on His precious name we call
 He’ll help us  to stand, when we fall.

And even wicked Herod’s wish
Of glory of himself did crash
For though he had much wealth and might
We think of Jesus on this night
Because this babe who had no fame
Or house, or money to His name
Did so much more for all mankind
Than any other in any time.
The day He was born was only a start
Of the wonderful story of which we are part.

And now we have a choice to make
Who will we serve? and which cross take?
Oh, do not fear the “pow’rs” in life
For God will win despite all strife
‘Cause kingdoms  rise and kingdoms fall
But He still reigneth o’er it all
And if we truly live for Him
We need not worry for anythin’
So take heart, my friend, this Christmas Day
And God bless you as you walk the way!
-Vanessa                         

🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲

Now for our project: Around Christmas time it just feels like we should make wreaths, so I’m going to try to show you how I make my wreaths.  I don’t know that this is the right way but it works for me and hopefully it makes sense to you.

What you’ll need:

pruning shears(or some other cutter)

floral wire

wire cutter

wire wreath frame

wreath hanger

 

Not pictured and/or optional:

ribbon

red berries

evergreen branches

any other dΓ©cor

So first we get to go walk in the woods or wherever you need to go to find a cedar or some other green tree.  We have cedar trees all throughout our woods so that is what I use for my wreaths although I’m sure there would be other things to use.  Use pruning shears or other cutter to cut an armful of branches.


Once you think you have enough greenery you can go start making your wreath/s.  About the top middle picture: since I am a frugal person I like to use the same wire every year so in my pictures I am using last year’s wire. First I wrap the end of my wire around the edge of the wreath frame a little bit so that it will stay in place and then I start to fasten down my first branch.  Notice that I didn’t start fastening the branch down at the end but kind of in the middle.  When I’m close to done I will tuck this end in. I basically just wrap the wire around and add more branches as it needs it.  I try to not hold down all the little sprigs so that they cover the  wire and it isn't as noticeable.  Once I get to the point where the end of the first branch reaches I pull it in under my current branch so that it is hidden. Now I’ll tell you how I end the wreath. If you are using new wire then cut it off a little bit longer than you used and wrap the end around the edge of the wreath frame to hold it in place.  I wrapped my extra wire around the wire frame in the last picture and then tucked it in to hold it in place.

This is how my finished product looks.  Since it looks rather skimpy I’ll try to make my next one fuller.

This is the next one I made and basically I just added more greenery as I made it.  Sometimes when it looks like it’s too hairy I’ll just lay it down on the floor and trim it all the way around.  So now you can see I sometimes use the wreaths just plain or you can decorate them more if you want to.  I’ll share some of the things I've done.

Personally I don’t like this oneπŸ™ˆ but you can just wrap a ribbon around your wreath and either knot it or make a bow at the top (or anywhere else for that matter).

I am not a great bow maker but another thing you can do is just add a bow.  Notice I used a twist tie to fasten the bow to the wreath. Also I couldn’t resist adding the picture with our first snow for the year.😊

My favorite things to add to a wreath are these red berries. Unfortunately I don’t even know what they’re called but they add a nice touch and if you take the berries off the back you don’t even notice the bush is missing anything.

You can add these in just one spot or put them all the way around the wreath. And you don’t just have to hang up your wreath you can use it for decoration around a candle or for a centerpiece.

 

Once your wreath is done you can hang it up with your wreath hanger or a piece of string or just set it up somewhere and enjoy.  Hopefully this was helpful and maybe you’ll have so much fun with it that you will want to make some to give away.

Feliz Navidad…Merry Christmas…Frohliche Weihnachten… joyeux Noel

-         Vanessa’s Ventures


Comments

smile said…
I’m like you, my favorite wreath decoration are the red berries. You must have a lovely berry bush, by the looks of your berries. I’ve seen a bush growing wild around here with beautiful clusters of red berries. Unfortunately none of them are growing in my woods. I really like your Merry Christmas poem, especially “ God will win despite all strife” . Merry Christmas to you!
Rach of AR said…
Nicely done! Merry Christmas. =)