With love from Colombia, # 5

In everything give thanks for this is the will of in Christ Jesus concerning you.
1 Thessalonians 5:18

Thanksgiving in Colombia

Hello, thank y’all so much for putting up with my wacky blogging schedule. You are a big thing I’m thankful for. Your taking the time to read my rambling thoughts is truly a blessing to me although sometimes I’m so busy I don’t even think about it. But that’s not actually what I was going to blog about. I’m not even sure what I was going to blog about but…yesterday was thanksgiving so why not describe a little bit how we celebrated it. 

Thanksgiving day isn’t really a holiday celebrated in Colombia, they do have a thanksgiving day after Christmas but it’s not as big of a deal. 

We went ahead and did the full blown thanksgiving meal down to the cranberries, which I hadn’t had even in the states. We didn’t have Turkey since there aren’t many around and we didn’t know where to get any. I didn’t have to help cook so that was something else I was thankful for๐Ÿ˜„. 

We had a bunch of friends over and had fun visiting, laughing, talking, singing, etc. We ladies filled plates and cups and served everyone while everyone said something they were thankful. Then sat down to eat and talk with our guests. It’s fun being able to converse slightly and understand most of their jokes๐Ÿ˜„.

And afterwards there was all the cleanup, the visiting, the getting things back in order, etc. But it was a fun day and nice to be able to take off school and remember to count my blessings. 

Have you ever had a time when you know you should be thankful but you really don’t feel like it? What do you do to “recover” from this? What are you thankful for today? 
I’m thankful for Fridays


And rainbows


And friends

And laughter

And rest

And much, much more.

Have a blessed week.


Comments

smile said…
So, did you like the cranberries?