Dear Diary 2 (days in Bogota)


June 29, 2023
 Dear diary, 
    It’s been a few, busy days. I’ll try to quickly recap them. The day I arrived in Bogotá I couldn’t sleep very well so I got up, got ready for the day, and read some. I’m reading from Proverbs on this trip…
    I had breakfast and then read a book about Janette Oke (an authoress) while my friend had Spanish class. Later my friend from here took me to get my eyes checked.  In the afternoon I went over to another apartment where my co-leader was staying and met her. 
    She made me feel so comfortable and put my mind at ease about not getting along well with her (:  I had some time to catch up with other members of the mission who live in Bogotá.     In the evening my co-leader and I had our orientation and got our instructions for the upcoming trip. If I think about it too much I feel like I’m going to make a mess of the whole trip. I’m ready for the girls to just get here so we can go to Bolivia.. :p
  We went to the hotel to get a little sleep before going to the airport at midnight to meet our team. We memorized all their names and looked at a picture to figure out what they were wearing so when they came out we could greet them by name…
    …Went back to the hotel and slept the rest of the night…
    The next two days were filled with orientation, getting acquainted with Bogotá, learning to know each other somewhat as a team.  In typical fashion I have not been the least bit hungry during all the new things and stress. Even though we’ve been going to delicious places and having typical food. I’m just hoping I’ll be able to eat once I get to Bolivia. I’m really looking forward to the cheese.
    This morning we packed up our stuff before starting another day of orientation. This evening we’ll have a prayer send-off and then head to the airport to travel through the night to Bolivia🥱. Bye for now…





Comments