Dear Diary 15 (I will sing of the goodness of God)

 

July 21, 2023

Dear Diary

I went to bed last night with a headache and feeling rather miserable. My co-leader and I slept out under the stars. Actually we talked quite a bit, which was good, and enjoyed the stars and I didn’t sleep very much. I have been blessed with the ability to enjoy the wonders of nature on this trip. It really reminds me of our awesome God. 

This morning I woke up early and enjoyed the beauty of the sun coming up and the birds singing. There was also a commotion in the house with the pastor up bright and early searching for the van keys, high and low, because he needed to get to town for important business. We tried to help find them, but didn’t come across them anywhere.  Sometime later, a bit before breakfast we had a surprise when the pastor’s sisters and nephew arrived! That was a fun surprise and lifted our spirits. This was also the reason the pastor had needed his keys. Later the keys were found in the pastor’s wife’s purse.

 Several of us haven’t been feeling too good the last couple days, which has been rough, and today I really did not feel good so my team told me to just go to bed and rest, which I did and it was amazing, when I could enjoy it. The other girls divided in two groups: one group to paint at the school and one to make cookies for the afternoon class. 

I guess part of the reason the girls have to take good care of me is because they need me to translate😁. I was feeling better by the afternoon and after eating a light lunch we finished getting ready for the class. I drew a game on the concrete for the afternoon and had some neighbors girls trying to help me. Our lesson for the day was the feeding of the 5,000 again, but this time we acted it out. This week we’ve been doing a theme of the five senses so todays was taste and for a craft they decorated sugar cookies to taste. The pastor’s sister had brought eyeliner pencils that we used them to draw pictures on the children’s faces. She also helped us with explaining games, etc. which was nice.

At the end of our class time I gave each child a pencil from the US and we gave them more cookies, since it was our last class time.

This evening several of us girls went for a walk again and I love the country side, the stars, the peace and quiet, well, actually there’s a lot of bug noises, but it’s still peaceful. It’s interesting to think of what a persons favorite part of nature is and how that relates to their view of God… goodnight for now, I’m looking forward to a good night of sleep  

Comments

smile said…
I’m loving this “Dear Diary“ series ♥️