Dear Diary 5 (a day for rest and relationships)

July 2, 2023

Dear Diary, 

    This morning we got to sleep in a little later and then we four made and ate breakfast at our house and the others ate at their house.  We met at church around 9:00 to practice some songs and have worship and devotions.  We each shared our favorite verses and what they mean to us.  A favorite verse of mine is Philippians 4:13, which says :"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." It is a good reminder to give everything to God and let Him give me the strength I need. 

At 10:00 church started.  We girls sang some songs and then they also had worship in Spanish.  One thing I am thankful for is the church's understanding of the difference in cultures and their willingness to share in our culture as we share in theirs through worshiping in different styles.

After church we went back to the pastor's house and helped get the fire started for lunch.  We had sausages (called chorizos) on bread first, followed by steak. The Bolivian culture is very laid back and it can take several hours to prepare and eat a meal.  They make a lot of time for relationships and I see that as something I want to continue to take with me in my life. 

After lunch was cleaned up everyone went home for naps or phone calls. The pastors grandson had found some cookies in our room and kept wanting to go eat some more so I got him to play some games with me. I made him cross-word puzzles, we played hangman, and he drew pictures with hidden objects in them. I also read a little until it was time to get ready for the evening service.

We girls sang two more songs and then the pastor talked about 1 Peter 4:1. The pastor's daughter translated for us which was very nice.  After church we went back to the pastor's house for supper and debriefing. Now it is time to go to bed.  Good night.

Comments

Bethany Eicher said…
I'm enjoying reading about your adventures this summer! 🤗