Dear Diary 8 (painting, motos, and some ice cream)


July 5, 2023

Dear Diary,

 Our leader of the day enjoys changing things up, as you will see. This morning she had the other girls come at 7:30 (instead of 8:00) and we went prayer walking first thing and then made breakfast together. That was a fun change of schedule and way to be reminded why we’re here…

Day two of painting the church. I think I forgot to mention that yesterday the pastor took some of us over to the church to unload scaffolding for painting the higher parts. Today we set up the scaffolding and then the pastor said “come with me” so I went with him and we went to buy some boards to put on top of the scaffolding.

Now we are supposed to paint the rest of the outside of the church, so we started working from the top down. And got a fair amount of the first coat done. It was kinda fun to be stuck with one person most of the day and get to connect and learn to know each other better. Hopefully we keep our cheerful attitudes about painting until this job is done😊. 

 Around 1:00-2:00 the pastor came and got my co-leader and had her drive him on the moto to where we were going to have lunch, so she could help fix food. Later he came back and had me drive him to the house. He seems to enjoy getting to take the back seat and make phone calls, etc. while I miss my turns and barely make stops (partly because he’s distracted and not telling me where to go). Anyways, I’m glad I got to drive the moto so I’ll count my blessings. 

We had a delicious lunch at the pastors sister’s house and got to see where the other four girls are staying. They have a hired man who is deaf and mute. Makes me wish I knew more sign language.

After lunch we went back to the church to paint until supper. Since we finished up painting and supper a little early the leader of the day decided we should go out for icecream and do debriefing there, so the pastor took us to a nice little ice cream shop and we had some icecream and talked about the day.

When it was time to go home I couldn’t call anyone because my sim wasn’t working, so I got to be needy and ask to use one of the girls’ hot spots. We sang on the street corner across from a theater (or something) until the pastor came. Then we took the four girls to their house and returned home. It was a fun busy day and when we got home there were two new old friends to greet before going to bed.  Good night…




Comments