Chile

 

For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost.

Luke 19:10

>>Chile<<

¡Hola! Esta día nosotros hablamos de Chile. 

Hello! Today we are going to talk about Chile.

(I'll start with my confession and then give you some facts😉)


It was one of those weeks when

Things didn’t come together

I kept putting it off

In hopes it’d get better.

 

What country to do

And what facts to include

For some strange reason

I just couldn’t catch the mood.

 

“I will read about Chile,”

I thought every day

“This will be a success

In a new sort of way.”


Well , it didn't work out

In the way I'd expected

I'll just have to see 

How well it's accepted

 

Because…


What do I know of far off lands

Of children’s lives on other sands

All I have learned this I will tell

And hope you check them out as well

These are another group of people

Made by God, created equal

Whose lives have gone a different way

Their work is strange, their food their play,

The language which they talk each day

It’s different then the words we say,

For Spanish is the language there.

And speaking of the clothes they wear

In cities they dress a lot like us

But some are poor and can’t make a fuss.

The capital is called Santiago

The money there is called a peso.

The lands name may come from an Indian word

“Chilli” which means “The end of the earth”.

In a central valley is where most people live

Although the land is very big.

The length is over 12 times as long

As the widest point. And the sum of the throng

Of people who live in this wonderful land

Is over 19.85 million.

And unlike most other countries in this region

90% have got education.

___________________________________________________________________________________

But the needs in this country are like any other

The people need Jesus as Savior and brother

They need to know how our God sent His son

That their battles and struggles, Jesus has won.

There are children who need to know of God’s love

And that somebody cares for them, there’s help from above.

There are Father’s and Mother’s, the old and the young

In Chile who need to know God makes them strong

But who will go tell them the good news today

Who will heed God’s call and obey

There are people in Chile who heeded the call

Who are serving the Lord, and giving there all

The link I’m inclosing will lead you to some

Of these people who share of the work God has done

In Chile and how God is using their lives

In ways that sometimes seem to grand for our eyes

If you feel lead to give, then follow His leading

Or just offer a prayer simply interceding

For our brothers and sisters in Chile today

That God would continue to show them the way. 

___________________________________________________________________________________

chilemission.org 

This is the mission I chose for Chile.  I'm sure there are many other people who are working to share God's love and help improve the lives of the Chileans. But if you want to see what I learned about a mission in Chile click the link above. 



Our card for today I’m going to call a “Cloth Doll Card” .

 

This one it is nicer if you have a pattern for it, and since I still haven’t figured out how to share a PDF via blog you will just have to let me know if you’d like the pattern. This is something my sister came up with and let me use and now I am sharing with you.

 

What you’ll need:

The pattern (unless you can just draw or come up with something)

Cardstock card (5 ½”x 8 ¼” folded in half)

construction paper for hands (and shoes)

Scissors

Pen or Pencil

Assorted fabric

Glue (I prefer stick glue but you can also use Mod Podge)

 

I’m going to start with the little boy.

So first you choose the colors you want for the shirt, pants, hat, and shoes. I always use the same paper for the hands, but you could also use plain white although it wouldn’t show up as good on a white card.

 

Once you have all the pieces cut out you will glue the shirt on first. Try to picture how your boy will be on the card so that he doesn’t go off the top or bottom.  I put stick glue all the way around the edge and then stick it down. 

Next glue on the pants in the same way.

Last glue on the hand and shoes tucking them in under the clothes they are by and then add the hat to finish the picture.

For the girl you basically do the same way as for the boy.  Cut out the dress, bonnet, shoes, and hand.  (The reason I have 6 hands is because I made 6 dolls at one time.)

I like to draw on the arm because I think it looks better.  Also you have to cut a slit at the end of the sleeve so you for sure want to mark where that is.

Once you have all the pieces cut out glue on the dress first.  Next glue on the shoes and the hands. Tuck the shoes in under the skirt and the hand inside the sleeve a little bit.

Last glue on the bonnet so that it looks natural.

 

You can turn your person either way just make sure you flip all your pieces in the same direction.

 

That’s all there is to it. It is a fairly easy card to make and people like them because they are so cute.

These are the finished six that I made.

The Lord bless you and keep you.  ¡Adios Amigo!


Sources: World Book Encyclopedia, 1985

Chile Missions

Wikipedia



Comments

Rach of AR said…
Nice! You have the knack, Vanessa. Grandma used to make those "Dutch doll" cards - I think she used some kind of iron on adhesive.
Yes, I remember going up to her house to make cards with fabric and ironing the pictures on. I still have some of them