Romania

 

Love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; And thy neighbor as thyself. Luke 10:27

-Romania-

Buna ziua, Hello, Today we are going to take a quick look at Romania. We’ll start with a few quick facts and then I have a couple books I want to introduce to you.

¯The official language is Romanian

¯The capital of Romania is Bucharest

¯Around 75% of the population lives in rural areas

¯Trains are the main means of traveling long distance

¯Romanian money is called the leu

¯Until 2017 you had to have a license to own a TV or radio


πŸ’­πŸ’­πŸ’­πŸ’­πŸ’­πŸ’­πŸ’­πŸ’­πŸ’­πŸ’­πŸ’­πŸ’­πŸ’­πŸ’­πŸ’­πŸ’­πŸ’­πŸ’­πŸ’­πŸ’­πŸ’­πŸ’­πŸ’­πŸ’­πŸ’­πŸ’­πŸ’­πŸ’­πŸ’­πŸ’­πŸ’­

Now for the books that I’d like to introduce to you: the first one is an older one which tells about when the Russians had taken over Romania and the second one is a little more recent.


In this book by Sabina Wurmbrand, also known as “The Pastor’s Wife”, tells about how life was for her during the communist rule of Russia. Imagine having your husband disappear, being taken to prison for no real reason, surviving hard work and terrible living conditions, and then getting out and waiting for your husband, who may or may not still be alive. Sabina tells about all this in her book The Pastors Wife. When she and her husband were both set free they traveled to America where they started VOM (Voice of the Martyrs) a ministry to let people know about the people who are in prison and being persecuted for Christ. If you check out there website you can find needs and prayer requests and ways to support our hurting members of our Christian family. 


This book is much more recent and tells about an orphanage which was run by CAM.  Johnny Miller the author tells about being father to all the children in the orphanage in this book and another called “A Heart to Belong”. Funny stories, sad stories, stories that show us the lives of the children and the hope that they have in a God who loves them.  We have the second book on CD and love to listen to “Tata Johnny”, as he is called, read them. You can buy all these things HERE.

And now for our last card in this series of 8...

Zentangles...

...Are a fun way to do a card.

All you need is a pen and paper and you can easily make something that looks very nice. And you can hardly mess it up.

I’m just going to show a few of the different styles I’ve done. This one is an idea I got off a card my cousin made. It’s fun to come up with different flowers and just add scribbles for filler.

This one is made with a gel pen. My favorite pen is the Sharpie pen but you can also use gel pens, or other black, or colored pen.

Another idea is to use flowers and vines to make letters for the fronts of your cards.

Another fun one is to decorate the corners and then write across the center.

Or try doing this one.  It’s actually not very hard.  Draw a zig-zag, divide it into sections and fill them in with lines.  Add bumps in between.  Draw circles along the edges.  Add “flower petals” inside the bumps(I usually do five). Color in around the “flower petals”.  The endJ

This is another easy one that you can just use random doodles on.  Make the center of your flower with a medicine cup or some other small circle. Add petals and then add whatever doodles you want. Swirls, checks, overlapping hearts or circles, chevron, etc.  You can find more ideas on Pinterest or other places.


πŸ’­πŸ’­πŸ’­πŸ’­πŸ’­πŸ’­πŸ’­πŸ’­πŸ’­πŸ’­πŸ’­πŸ’­πŸ’­πŸ’­πŸ’­πŸ’­πŸ’­πŸ’­πŸ’­πŸ’­πŸ’­πŸ’­πŸ’­πŸ’­πŸ’­πŸ’­πŸ’­πŸ’­πŸ’­


Now, since I'm done with showing you some of the cards I make I would like to finish up with a giveaway. All you have to do to be entered is comment which of the cards I showed was your favorite kind. Or if you'd rather you can send me an email at vanessasventures2@gmail.com. I will choose and announce the winner on April 27, 2021.  The prize will be 6 of your favorite cards with envelopes.  


Cu drag, with love,  Vanessa


πŸ’­πŸ’­πŸ’­πŸ’­πŸ’­πŸ’­πŸ’­πŸ’­πŸ’­πŸ’­πŸ’­πŸ’­πŸ’­


Sources:  World Book Encyclopedia, 1985

A Heart to Belong

Wikipedia

The Pastor's Wife

Voice of the Martyrs



 


Comments

smile said…
Well, it’s hard to say, which of your cards, I like best, I really like the random doodles, or your painted cards, but as I was looking through your card posts again, I also like the tape & sticker simplicity,too. So I just want to be entered in the giveaway & I hope I winπŸ˜‰ this was a neat idea for your blog , with all the different card ideas❤️
Cabin Life said…
Loving the zentangles cards. I agree with "smile". Not sure which I like best though. They are all so great! Love your blog! :)

Bethany Eicher said…
I see I need to start reading your blog regularly! ;)
That would be great. :)