Inspirations of this missionary blogger


Buen dia, ¿cómo estás? ¿Cómo te va? These are some common words that I hear and I wonder how often we actually get a totally honest answer to those questions. How are you doing? How’s it going? Really?…

It can be so easy to give the glib “good” when it actually feels like everything is falling apart. “I don’t want to burden you with my problems when I’m sure you have enough of your own.” And besides, I don’t really like to share when I’m having a bad day. I’d prefer to be the girl who’s got it all together. Who can have all the children in a nice straight row, who can say the right stuff without stumbling, who can make others think I’ve got this. I don’t want to look weak, to appear like I need help, to be vulnerable. And probably, many times, I do come across as in control, smart, like nothing goes wrong. 

But there is a blessing that we get from being vulnerable. A blessing in letting other people know what’s happening in your life. Now don’t just go blow your troubles over everyone. Be wise in who you choose to talk with. But there are people you can benefit from sharing with, in connecting your story with someone else’s, In realizing you’re not the only person who has faced this fear, this chaos, this whatever it is you’re facing. Opening up, and really, in a big way, trusting it to God. That he’ll protect you and care for you and give you people in your life who care about you and your story. 

These past few months I’ve been learning a bit more about God’s love. How he still loves us in the mess and chaos of our world and how we don’t have to have it all together for him to love us. 
This month and hopefully in the coming months I want to share more of the things I’ve been learning while teaching here in Colombia. To open my heart a little bit and try to show you what God’s been showing me. 
,

Comments

Rach of AR said…
Good thoughts! Love you
Cabin Life said…
"Casting all your care upon Jesus because He cares for you". It's true. We tend to pretend all is well; fearing we might portray a lack of trust in our Lord if we say otherwise. NO one goes through life without struggle. But, thanks be unto God Who has made us His body, members together, so we might pray and bear each others burdens and so fulfil the law of Christ. What a wise God we serve! Love you sis! :)