Remember


 

Remember his marvellous works that he hath done, his wonders, and the judgments of his mouth;

1 Chronicles 16:12 

The word remember appears in the KJV version of the Bible 144 times. 

It is important to remember things. To remember where we come from. To remember what God has done for us. To remember other people’s stories. And many times we even ask God to remember us. The ancient writers did as well.

Last night as our family celebrated the centuries old feast of Passover, remembering the Hebrews awesome deliverance from the Egyptians, I was reminded of the fact that even today God wants to free us from whatever is holding us captive. His mission has not changed. He still wants to redeem people.

One step of the Passover meal that stuck out to me was when we dipped our little finger in our juice and dripped ten drops on our plates, one for each plague on the Egyptians. (Exodus 7-11) This symbolizes how our joy is diminished by their suffering. It is such a good reminder for me as I live in freedom and at ease here at home. God has blessed me so much and I want to celebrate that. But I also don’t want to forget those who are suffering right now. 

In the coming days as we remember Jesus’s death and resurrection, may we rejoice in our freedom and may we also feel a little sadness as we remember our brothers and sisters, the people around us, who don’t know this freedom. 

Comments

smile said…
What a special verse. Thanks for bringing it to my attention. Your Passover meal picture is so lovely. I hope you have a joy filled Easter.